2012 Volvo VN 780 Review
The Volvo VN 780 has always had a dual agenda to champion the safety and comfort of the driver and provide engineering which takes aerodynamic efficiency and performance to new heights. The raised roof of 2012 Volvo VN 780 is tall enough for a person 6’10″ to stand with room to spare with an efficient 77-inch sleeper. Its agile handling will get you from loading dock to loading dock with ease with fewer maintenance and fuel stops along the way. Everything from the windshield and sloping hood to the recessed door handles, wedge shaped headlights and rolled under bumper is streamlined and sculpted for the lowest possible drag coefficient. With shorter Volvo wheelbase, the gap between trailer and cab can be minimized for less air turbulence, needing less engine power to push through the air.
The 2012 Volvo VN 780 is a functional equivalent of an office, bedroom, dining room, den and kitchen. The workstation doubles as office desk and dining table, and bench seats quickly convert to a full length lower bunk. The upper bunk folds out from the back of the cab, while the foldaway ladder enables for easy access. Stacking cabinets can be tailor configured to accommodate your refrigerator, TV/DVD and microwave and to suit your storage needs. You can even specify a built-in sink with running water. The all-new 2012 VN 780 gets a voluptuous interior, a comfortable ride and was engineered for driver convenience. Its 77 inch sleeper comes with amenities which will put your drivers at ease. The cockpit features sound dampening materials for providing you one of the quietest rides on the road.
The 2012 Volvo VN 780 features smooth lines and elegant curves and would make a comfortable, efficient and stylish addition to any fleet. It will change your impression of how a long-haul truck should ride, handle and look. You will find room for every amenity for making you feel at home. With its fully insulated cab, the cabin is as quiet as many passenger vehicles even at high speeds. Behind its comfortable interior and sleek curves is a truck which means business. Not only will its agile handling get you from loading dock to loading dock with ease, it will do so with fewer fuel stops along the way.
- BBC: 188.8″ (4796 mm)
- Front Axle Position: 52.2″ (1326 mm)
- Cab Version: Premium 77″ High-Roof Sleeper; Long Hood
- Engines: Volvo D13 that generates 375-500 hp with 1450-1750 lb-ft torque and features Dual-Torque; Eco-Torque; Volvo D16 that produces 500-550 hp with 1850 lb-ft torque, featuring Eco-Torque and Cummins ISX15, which churns out 400-550 hp with 1450-1850 lb-ft torque; Smart Torque
- Transmissions: Volvo AT and ATO I-Shift; 12 speed Eaton Fuller RTOC, RTOCM 9 speed, FR, FRO, RTO, RTLO 10, 13, 15, and 18 speed; AutoShift and UltraShift
- Front Axles: Volvo VF12 and VF14; 12,500, 13,200 and 14,600 lb; Meritor FF941, FF961, and FF967 Easy Steer; 12,500, 13,200, and 14,600 lb Hendrickson STEERTEK; 12,500, 13,200 and 14,600 lb
- Front Suspensions: 59″ Parabolic leaf spring; 12,500, 13,200, and 14,600 lb Hendrickson AIRTEK; 12,500, 13,200, and 14,600 lb
- Rear Axles: 40,000 and 46,000 lb Meritor MT40-14X, RT40 and RT46; 40,000 lb Dana Spicer DS404, DS405, DST40, and DST41
- Rear Suspensions: 38,000 – 46,000 lb Volvo Air Suspension; 40,000 – 46,000 lb Hendrickson HAS; 40,000 – 46,000 lb Volvo PRIMAAX EX
- Frame Rail Packages: 4 sizes, RBM 1,610,400 to 2,460,000
- Interior Trim Package: Five interior trim packages in four color selections